
First Christmas party this year was with my office mates. The hospital didn't have the budget to throw a collective party this year. We had to hold parties by department.
Since we didn't have the time with all the crazy shifts, we scheduled to just go karaoke-ing last night. We made reservations at Club 21 and MO2 Annex last week but these two karaoke bars were already full-booked. We were on the waiting lists of both! When we got there, we were really worried we weren't getting a room. But at 11:45PM, we finally got in at Annex so it was all good. Annex is a karaoke/videoke bar. Videoke/karaoke bars are like the favorite hangout of people here in our place and the whole country in general. It started in Japan and spread to the rest of Southeast Asia in the 70's and 80's and it still spreads like wildfire today.
The karaoke bars work like this: you get a room for a price of Php1500.00 ($32.00) for 3 hours. That Php1500.00 is consumable to food and beverages, meaning you get Php1500 worth of "free food and drinks". This is a really practical way to hang out, with the price of food ranging from Php105.00(main entree that's good for 2-3 persons) to Php325.00(family size pizzas), and the price of beverages from Php45.00 (iced tea) to Php80.00 (a shot of Kahlua-milk mix).
Although I'm not a big fan of these social activities (unless I'm really with good friends), I had "fun" pretending I was having fun. It was a bit tiring though. I just love the part of dressing up in all these social shenanigans. Here's what I wore:

2 comments:
The pictures of you are really cute. Nice dress.
In response to your comment on your blog: I would suggest that you read Queen of Fashion, if you haven't. While I don't think that Marie Antoinette is entirely blameless, she's just human. She hardly deserved getting her head cut off more than anyone else does, especially if you're only criteria is lavish spending. I can think of a lot of bloggers who do that--despite the current financial crisis. In my opinion, Marie Antoinette never meant any harm and honestly didn't cause any. She spent a lot of money, but she had a lot of understandable motivations in doing so. It's not as if her spending even accounted for a very large chunk of the French budget.
Sorry, I don't mean to attack you. I just want to make sure you understand both sides of the argument.
Post a Comment