I was browsing the internet the other day looking for cute dog tags and charms. Instead of keeping on with what I was supposed to do, I got sidetracked (as usual) and got lost in a website of designer range jewelry that specializes on little girls' trinkets.What is awesome about the website and the brand itself is that you can customize your own jewelry. They have a Pick & Mix section where you can design your own initial necklace or bracelet and add unique charms from their variety of charm and pendant collection to your piece. You can create unique pieces of jewelry that can be prefect gifts for special occasions. It's LEGEN- wait for it - DARY!
The brand is called Molly Brown London and each piece of silver jewelry is tagged with the Molly Brown Sterling Silver logo. It was established in May 2006 by Erica Illingworth as inspired by her daughter, Georgia, to create a jewelry collection for girls. According to Molly Brown, their jewelry are designed to be loved and worn forever.
I like their jewelry philosophy cos looking back, I've always had this necklace that my mom had me wearing since I was 2 years old. Even though it doesn't fit me anymore, when I go through my jewelry box and see it, childhood memories flood in. For me, a jewelry piece is more than a jewelry piece, it's something you associate yourself with and the things and events that happen around you. That's why when you lose an earring or break a necklace, you feel bad not because finding a replacement is expensive, it's because you also lose a part of yourself. I don't know if you can relate to that but I sure feel that way. And I don't care how corny that sounds, too. :P





No comments:
Post a Comment