Sunday, January 4, 2009

After A Long Time Away (Warning: Photo Overload)




It's b
een a while. Man, do I miss blogging! Summary of what happened: went to Dumaguete for the wedding I was talking about. Left Iloilo on the 26th because the wedding's on the 27th. The wedding was my boyfriend's cousin's from New York by the way. I decided to ditch my white-black shoes. My boyfriend bought me a new pair. Going to Dumaguete was really butt-numbing. We had to take an hour boat ride to Bacolod and from Bacolod, a 6 hour bus ride to Dumaguete. I couldn't feel my butt when I got off the bus. I couldn't even stand straight.


I love Dumaguete a lot. I want to retire there and do hippie stuff like dance naked on the beach while doing paintings and sell crafts. I am so in love with the city especially the restaurants and the food. It was like a European experience in an Island setting. We ate breakfast at Why Not?, which serves fresh cheeses and great breads and pastries and German, Swiss, American and Filipino breakfasts (lots of other places served these too, but we haven't tried all of them). The food was divine. We also ate at Sans Rival. They had really scrumptious cakes, pastries and coffee, and also delicious pasta. Plus they didn't cost too much. Aside from the darling modern food place, the plethora of fish and seaweeds abound the market!!! Delicious! Dumaguete's a really small place. You can just walk to get to anywhere. There weren't even jeepneys (the usual public transportation in the Philippines), just trikes/tricycles (small public transport bikes with three wheels).




I got back on the 29th and I had to go to work on the 30th. I had to attend post Christmas parties thrown by friends and do stuff for New Year's Eve's noche buena, so it was really busy for me. I haven't even transferred the photos from the camera yet. Oh well. I'll probably make a Flickr account so you guys can check out Dumaguete, too. It's a nice place to go to. Wish I could talk more. I'll post as soon as I get myself walking with regular strides. I still feel jolted from everything. I'm even typing fffaaassssssttttttt as if my brain's gonna explode if I even take time to think about how I'm gonna write or edit.

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!


Love,
Donna

1 comment:

Raquel said...

you have really cute dresses!
xx