Saturday, February 28, 2009

Absentee Blogger


It's March already and I can't believe how long I've been gone. I just deleted some of the many fashion posts I planned to publish cause fashion week's over. As usual I've been really really busy. I'm quitting my job and I'll be moving to Manila by the end of April. Doing things towards my long term goals. Acting like an adult is hard! I don't think I'll ever grow old. I'll be mature alright but I don't think I'll ever be
that adult. If you know what I mean. Life's too fun and depressing to be taken seriously.

My boyfriend and I are planning to get married next year and we're planning to migrate to Australia. We just feel that Iloilo is too small for us. We just wanna get out of the country and go somewhere else where no one would bother us about going to church, etcetera. We are just so tired of being closet apostates. We don't wanna hurt our parents especially his. They are very active church leaders in their Pentecostal churches. =(

I'll probably have more time next week so I guess I'll be posting a lot more interesting stuff other than my ranting and daily outfits. I'll probably do a post about things I seriously love aside from fashion stuff like documentaries and books and games.

Oh yeah I read The Clothes Horse's post on being a "bookworm" and I totally enjoyed reading her sentiments about books. I, myself, am a big reader. I have lots of favorite authors, one would be Kurt Vonnegut who died last 2007. He can always put wisdom in playful words. Shel Silverstein also. I love his children's books. Wisdom lurks in his drawings and weird storytelling.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite lines from Kurt Vonnegut:

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be"

2 comments:

fawned said...

that quote is wonderful :) x

Em said...

Congrats with the upcoming marriage! AUSTRALIA SOUNDS AMAZING