Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pale, Pale, Pale


Skirt: thrifted, Shirt: made it

Been really busy with a lot of things the past few days with work and doing favors for friends. Two days ago, my friend had her photoshoot for their office pageant. She asked if she could borrow clothes for the shoot. I offered my services as her stylist but she refused because she didn't want her pictures to come out "weird". I wanted to direct a whimsical type of shoot with lovely bright colors here and there but they won't let me. I just settled with suggesting what to put together. I was disappointed. Anyways, I love the photo with the boxes in the warehouse. I suggested the concept. Made me happy they obliged. Since we didn't have time to go to a location, we just did the shoot on top of their office's roof. The photographer was also a friend. Her camera was new and beautiful. A Canon SLR. I don't know which model though. Wanted to steal it haha. =)




All tops and shoes, mine. A view of the Tanza area in Iloilo.

It was a fun morning. Their office treated us for lunch too. I had to go to work after. Anyways, I'll be posting this weekend. I miss everyone as usual. I can't believe how boring being busy is.



I hung out with my boyfriend and his nephew this afternoon. We watched episodes of Spectacular Spiderman and Daimos when a gecko decided to join us. He was cute with orange specks all over. Here in the Philippines, geckos are so abundant that each household has around 2 or more of them as guests (aside from their relatives living in the forests). They are so cute. After several episodes, we went outside to buy potato chips and iced tea when we saw these girls playing Chinese Garter. Chinese Garter is several meters of thin rubber where two girls hold it on each end and one jumps over it with different levels until the "biba" stage. Usually the game starts with level one where the garter touches the ground, then it goes higher with the garter being level with the knees and then the waist until the biba (the jumper's arm's full length stretch upwards). It's kind of hard to explain. Hahaha. Oh well.

3 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love your skirt--such a cute print! The pics are pretty fun. The one in the room of boxes is probably the strongest conceptually.

Amelia said...

You made your skirt? It looks really cool. It's a bummer they didn't let you have more control over the shoot.

Em said...

Really cute pictures! And i love your outfit. Its adorable. xoxo