.jpg)
Shirt: Shibuya Girl (thrifted), Shorts: Quiksilver, Bag: Esprit
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The last time I posted I was talking about going to eat lunch at an acquaintance's place because it was Fiesta in Jaro. Anyways, let me proceed with that. Every February 2nd, Jaro (the district of Iloilo where I live) celebrates the Fiesta of Nuestra SeÑora de la Candelaria (Feast of Parish of Our Lady of Candles). This time of year, you can go to anyone's house in Jaro and eat for free! Really! Back in the days when I was younger, my record was 8 houses in a day! Of course I went with friends. It's a big event. The two main roads surrounding Jaro plaza are closed and people just walk. The plaza is the center of activities. The roads circling it are crowded with lots of stalls that sell almost anything - from shells to slippers, to pots, to popcorn! Name it. Some tattoo shops also put up stalls. Yeah. That variety! In the afternoon, a parade takes place with the fiesta queen and princesses in their floats. In the evening, the coronation of the queen is the highlight of the fiesta. The male population on the other hand are over at the Coliseum to watch the cockfights. To read more about Jaro, please click here to read the Wiki article.
This year, my boyfriend and I just went to one house (his office buddy, Bro). My parents also celebrated but we didn't bother to go eat at our house. We ended up going home to his parents' house. Their house helper brought lots of dried fish from her home town. I love eating Uga (dried fish) especially with Pinakurat (spicy vinegar dip) so I ate loads with rice even though I wasn't feeling great that night. So I ended up getting hives the next day. Good thing I didn't get major asthma attacks. Darn me and my appetite for salty-tasty goodness!
Dress: Guess (thrifted), Shirt: my brother's, Tights: SM, Shoes: Mendrez
3 comments:
Of cuz you can link me :) Added you too!
looks like a fun fiesta!
sucks about the hives! :( i hope you feel better x
That sounds like an awesome holiday--reminds me of Halloween. I really like your plaid dress and the duplicate photo.
Post a Comment