Sunday, February 1, 2009

Somen Night


Somen (Japanese noodles) are eaten by Japanese for lunch in summer. They call it their summer noodles. Somen is served cold. Since it was hot for the past days, my boyfriend's mom invited us for a Somen lunch but ended up as dinner because I had to cover for a co-worker and had to go to work. My shift ended at 2pm so Maecher (my boyfriend's mom) decided to move everything to dinner.

We came over her house at around 6pm. My boyfriend and I took pictures at the village park before going to Maecher's house.




We had apple crisps as appetizer, followed by Somen, and black rice and fish. It was a fun night. I always love eating different food. It's nice to learn other people's culture through their food.



Again, this is a very quick post since we're off to go to my boyfriend's work buddy's house to eat lunch since it's Fiesta in Jaro. Tell you about it in the next post. I'll post pictures, too.

I miss you guys! I miss visiting and commenting on your blogs (especially Amelia, The Clothes Horse, Liebemarlene, and Elinkan!!!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm noodles! Also you own the most awesome socks!
In answer to your question, Haribo are these kind of gummy sweets. They come in tons of varietys but my favourite ones are the milk bottles and dinasours.
Hope
xox

yiqin; said...

Ah the first picture is awesome! Love the place where you are standing.